You’ve got the best products, set up seamless logistics for dispatch and delivery and the perfect plan for marketing - in other words, you’ve got everything it takes to become a runaway success in the eCommerce realm. Yet, there’s something amiss. Users come, add a product to their cart, abandon the process midway and leave. Why? Remember, a Cash-on-Delivery option alone does not suffice. One of the foremost factors and the leading cause for shopping cart abandonment is the lack of online options for purchase. Want to know how you can ensure a seamless checkout process by facilitating online payments? Read on.
Your site must support
- Credit card processing
- Debit card payments
Know your options
Option 1: Open a merchant account with your bank
Option 2: Sign up with a third-party gateway
Option 3: Build your own solution
Most e-retailers often start with their bank. Ask for a merchant account. If you already have a long-term association with the bank, then it’s easy to acquire one. Even if your current bank says no, you can ask other banks for an account and move everything there.
- Ease of making transactions
- Top-notch security
- No intermediary, hence full control over the transactions
- Fast transaction processing
- Transaction statement bears your business name
- Costs are involved in card transactions
- Any disputes have to be handled on your own
- There might be hidden fees charged by your bank
If the first option doesn’t appear all that conducive, you can always fall back on third-party payment gateways and open an account with them to facilitate transactions. Some of the leading providers include:
- You don’t need the bank’s approval
- You get the provider’s assistance in case of disputes
- Services like PayPal are trusted by both businesses and users
- Higher commissions and fees
- The payment gateway’s name appears on the transaction
- Not every provider can be relied upon
While this option might not be suitable or even applicable to small and mid-sized retailers, the ones who handle transactions on a large scale can benefit from this. You need to avail payment gateway development services to build a custom solution from scratch and set up a system that works as per your needs.
- You get a customized solution
- Save up on transaction fees
- Make money by reselling the solution
- Can be scaled to any extent
- Payment gateway development costs are high
- Processor integration is cumbersome
Whether you need web portal or payment gateway development services, turn to Openwave Computing, the leading IT solutions provider for all the solutions related to your eCommerce payment needs.